These are the resources each account is limited to, these are in place to help us in preventing a single user from abusing the server resources available and subsequently affecting everyone else. If you are reaching your limits and do not know why, please open a support ticket and we'll take a look.
|Low Shock||High Shock||Super Shock||Reseller Clients*|
- CPU: The maximum % of a core (100% is representative of 1 CPU core) that your account is limited to before throttling occurs, no errors will occur from hitting this limit as your processes are throttled/slowed down instead.
- Memory: The maximum amount of physical RAM your account can utilize, errors will occur if this limit is reached. Hitting this is usually indicative of something wrong, or overly intensive.
- Entry Processes: Counted as processes that act as entry, such as processes into PHP and MySQL, etc. It isn't directly a limit on how many users can be on your website(s). it is unusual to hit this limit unless there is a large amount of traffic or an unoptimized piece of software. This will result in errors if it is reached.
- Total Processes: The total amount of processes under your account including the above. This is more of a fork protection method and we have yet to see this be reached by anyone, it is generally something you can ignore and not worry about.
- I/O: The maximum storage read/write throughput your account can utilize, this will include tasks that involve upload/download such as backup plugins for a CMS. No errors are caused by this being reached, as it will simply throttle instead.
All accounts have an inode soft limit of 500,000 and a hard limit of 625,000 (125%). You can burst over your soft limit temporarily for up to 7 days, if it hasn't reduced back below the limit by this threshold then you will be denied access to write any more files. If you continue writing files and then hit your hard limit, you will also be denied access to write any more files and you will be required to remove something to regain full functionality. You will likely experience problems if you are denied access to write any files so it is important you monitor this limit and ensure you don't surpass it enough and/or for enough time to trigger this.
* - These are the resource limits that accounts created by resellers are set with.